Thursday, June 18, 2009

WOW

Slowdown, layoffs, cost cutting , operational efficiencies etc. all heard, read and ready to experience it as I am now a part of WOW. WOW – how many of you are aware of this acronym... it’s not Wow(Whaooh) but WOW (mark all caps). Those who know must have guessed uptil now as what is to be followed next but those who don’t then I must request you to be patient but saying “Be Patient, it pays” (sometimes) and rest of the times Your Insurance company pays... ha ha.

Wow(Whaooh) – an expression for something very amusing, exciting.. Trust me, WOW of which I am a part, is not just an expression but a lot more which cannot be clubbed under one roof.

Time to reveal full form of WOW is actually “World Of Workers”.

Decades back, when I was born, Technology was growing. Today, I am growing older but Technology is still new and growing. WOW, in my honest opinion, consisted of long beard brainees, doing wonders in years they spent working, low in quantity but high in quality but it gradually cone to a point where Darwin’s Theory – “ Survival of Fittest” can be applied without a doubt. And here I am being welcomed with smiling faces who clearly knows that soon I will be crowned with all the things that they are handling and one day I will be standing on the other side of the table to welcome the next victims.

The best part is – I am loving it

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic expression dear......... keep writing...I think I should have co-authered this post as we are experiencing every bit of it together..... :-)......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard the saying: Only one thing that is permanent is Change.... so all have to change with change..... technology and humans both..........

    ReplyDelete